It was a two-day trip to get from Williamsburg, VA to Georgetown, KY. Although it rained the entire trip, it was still a beautiful drive. We stopped overnight in Staunton, VA at Walnut Hills Campground and were pleasantly surprised at how nice this park was. Unfortunately, the rain kept us from enjoying the park and our view from the site they appropriately call the “Outlook”.
We finally made it to Georgetown, KY and Whispering Hills Campground. Luckily, Mother Nature was kind enough to give us a brief break from the rain, so we could get hooked up and settled in. The staff and park were very nice and they had a ton of sites!! (230 of them!) The rain continued for several days, which gave us time to get caught up on work and rest.
However, we didn’t let a little rain stop us from doing a bourbon distillery tour! We chose Buffalo Trace Distillery, which was only about 35 minutes from the park (plus, they make a damn good bourbon). Unfortunately, we didn’t realize the popularity of their complimentary tours… the tour that we really wanted to take (Hardhat Tour) was already booked up for the entire week of our stay. We had to go with their standard tour, which was still fun. We learned about the long history at Buffalo Trace and got to sample a few of their spirits! Be sure to watch the video to find out which one was our favorite!!
Finally, the rain stopped and the sun came out, so it was time to get out for a ride!! The countryside around Georgetown was very pretty, with all of the rolling hills and vibrant greens of spring. We got out on Lucille twice, both time with no specific destination. On our second ride, we explored the downtown area of Georgetown and found a great restaurant, Local Feed. Yum!
Even though this trip has to be cut a little short due to a family emergency in North Carolina, we still enjoyed our time in Kentucky. We are looking forward to going back and exploring more of the Bourbon Trail!!
* Antigravity ATX20-RS Lithium RE-START Battery: https://amzn.to/2yk7Uvd
#GDRV4Life #GDRVAmbassador #BuffaloTrace #kentuckybourbon full time travel rv nomad kyd
########## Our Camera Gear ####################
* Canon 80D – https://amzn.to/2xnrYMI
* Rode Videomic Pro Plus – https://amzn.to/2NRXNYp
* Manfrotto Video Tripod – https://amzn.to/2xveUoW
* Manfrotto Monopod – https://amzn.to/2OsRKq9
* Aputure Portable Video Light – https://amzn.to/2xuGjHi
* DJI Ronin S – https://amzn.to/2OxVuXG
* DJI Osmo Mobile 2 – https://amzn.to/2OwjXMR
* DJI Mavic Pro (drone) – https://amzn.to/2Nm3KNG
* GoPro Hero 5 Black – https://amzn.to/2xpqZfb
* GoPro Karma Grip – https://amzn.to/2QGY9zV
* GoPro Hero 5 Session – https://amzn.to/2Nnk6pq
* Lowepro ProTactic 450 AW Camera Backpack – https://amzn.to/2D4CoqD